Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day #99: Kids Say the Darndest Things

My son was working on his Rainbow Loom at the kitchen island this afternoon.  He still has USA fever from the 4th of July and the World Cup, so he decided to make something red, white, and blue.  During the day, I typically have K-Love playing and we have all come to love it.  Out of the blue I hear this statement from my son and I literally burst out laughing:  "This is the best day ever!  Making bracelets and listening to my favorite song on the radio.  This is great!"

I literally could not contain myself.  The tone he used, the exclamation in itself, and the simplicty of it all just made me laugh.  I said, "Really?"  He laughed and said, "No, not really.  I am just being silly."  He just sounded so funny when he said it.  A moment I wish I had on record.

Sometimes it's the little moments like this that bring a smile to my face.  I'm so glad I didn't miss it!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment