Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day #115: Worry

For quite some time I haven't felt like myself.  I've questioned whether it's exhaustion, mild depression, anxiety, or a combination of both. Recently I've had a strange feeling in the base of my throat near my thyroid, a lingering cough, and unfortunately, a rapid weight gain.  After putting it off for quite some time, I finally went to the doctor today.

I'm hoping it's no big deal.  I have hypothyroidism and maybe my meds just need to be adjusted.  I just have this nagging feeling there's more to it than that.  This feeling in my throat/neck is uncomfortable and continues to get worse.  I had my blood drawn today, so am hoping for some answers by Monday.

I read all of these sad stories about women, mothers, being sick.  Seriously ill.  I think it's natural to think that it won't happen to us.  I am praying this is the case this time.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.  My kids are young and I need to be healthy and full of energy right now.  I am just hoping for the best (and an easy fix to this weight gain problem!).


No comments:

Post a Comment