Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day #92: The Best Gift

Today marks the halfway point for 2014.  How is it possible we're already halfway through another year?!  Summer seems so be slipping away quickly and we have quite a lot of activities left on our bucket list to tackle.  I suppose it's time to muster up the courage to venture out solo with the kids and have some fun.  It is always an adventure when we step out in public...I may change my mind about this!

This summer my kids are so content being at home playing together.  It is a bit of a change from last summer.  What a difference a year makes!  I love that three of the four are old enough to play together for hours.  Now that the baby is mobile, she is getting in on the action as well!  They are all very creative and really love to take an idea and roll with it.

Watching this play out is pretty awesome.  When I was young I always longed for a sibling to play with (my brother was much older) and my kids have been blessed with three.  I look forward to watching their relationships continue to develop and pray they remain the best of friends as they age.  What a terrific gift we have been able to give our children!  It is easy to forget this some days when they become out of control and mischievous, but at the end of the day, they are just kids being kids.  To top that, they are friends creating wonderful memories they will share with their own families some day.




No comments:

Post a Comment