Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day #116: Pleasant Weather in July?!

The kids have been taking swim lessons this week and it's been a touch on the chilly side the past few days.  They are all having a lot of fun and I am enjoying watching them venture out a bit more.  These lessons have also led to a lot of eating out adventures this week, so I thought I'd try something different today.  One of our bucket list items was having a picnic.  Given the beautiful weather, I decided to hit up the local bank's grilling for charity event and have a picnic in the park.

We had such a pleasant lunch.  The kids were hungry and we enjoyed listening to some music coming from the speakers throughout town.  Once we were done, we hit the playground for awhile.  I left my phone in the car.  No distraction and no need to watch the clock.  We all had a great time, no one complained when it was time to leave, and it was such an enjoyable part of our afternoon.

Some days it's the little things...


No comments:

Post a Comment