Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day #94: It Happens...a Lunchtime Realization

Today I glanced around the table during our loud and crazy lunch and it hit me...in about six weeks by lunch crew is going to be cut in half.  Soon I will have two kids in school all day and a third gone each afternoon.  My lunch bunch is shrinking.  I am not sure how I feel about that.

Meals are a challenge.  Through the years we've evolved from spills and messes being our biggest challenge to loud, silly kids using questionable language at the dinner table.  There are giggle fits, some bickering back and forth, and the occasional milk spill.  In the heat of the moment it is frustrating and irritating, but in the blink of an eye it will be eerily quiet.

The light at the end of the tunnel is approaching sooner than I'd like.  Life has been chaotic, loud, and challenging since we added our third in 2010, but two-thirds of the trifecta will be in school full-time soon.  My little guy is going to be lost and Mommy just might be too.

Uh-oh, time for the tissues...


No comments:

Post a Comment