Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day #108: A Difficult Transition

I broke our golden rule this time around:  no babies in our bed.  It started out innocent, a survival method, but it has become a habit.  She's been sleeping in our bed for 9 months.  I secretly love it.  She curls right into me and we sleep quite well together.  When she wakes in the morning she looks over and gives me the cutest smiles.  I think she's my last baby and I'm soaking up every minute of it.  My husband, however, is not feeling so bubbly about my decision to co-sleep.

I have been putting off the transition for quite some time.  I knew it would be a lot of work, tears, and missed opportunities to snuggle.  I am not sure I want it to end, but today I started the transition...slowly.  She took a brief nap in her crib and slept for three hours at night before waking and promptly brought into our bed.  These baby steps were a win.  No excessive tears.  She just needed some reassurance and comfort from Mommy.  And Mommy needed to be near her.

I'll keep working on fully transitioning her, but in the meantime, I'll lovingly soak up the moments we're snuggled up in bed together.  Don't tell my husband, but I could do this for a long time and think I should have done this with all of my babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment