Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day #90: The Halfway Point

When I set out on this journey, my goal was to make permanent changes in 180 days.  Hmmm, I am not so sure I am going to see the results I am looking for in the next 90 days!  At this rate, this may be a Motherhood 360 project.  It is hard to believe how difficult it is to break bad habits and create new, positive ones.  One day at a time...one day at a time.  I think this might be my new mantra!


Today I did something I haven't done in a long time:  I got up in the morning and ran.  To many, this might not seem like a big deal, but for me it was.  It is, what I hope, the beginning of resuming the great routine I was in for the majority of the summer last year.  To make it a little more enticing, I have decided to run/walk the Bix 7 this year with a friend.  I need a goal.  Something tangible to work for and make me accountable.  I would say a 7 mile race should do it!

My oldest son learned how to ride his bike today.  He tried last summer without success, but he kept at it.  Though there were days he was very discouraged, he didn't give up.  What an exciting day it was for him!  He is so proud of himself and spent nearly all day riding his bike.  It is easy to forget how important these big accomplishments are to a child.  I can still remember learning to ride my bike and how excited I was to ride in circles on the driveway for hours.  Yet another milestone achieved...amazing how many we've seen in his short seven years.

Thanks for the lesson in persistence, Son.  I'm going to work on that!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment