Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day #89: Crabby

I'm pretty sure if you asked my kids what they thought of their mom, they'd say, "She's crabby!"  I do not know why some days are worse than others, but today was a crabby Mommy day.  I tried to break out of it, but just didn't have a whole lot of luck.  Sigh....

I don't know if I need more sleep, exercise, or simply time away from the family to replenish my patience tank, but something's gotta give.  I think my husband could sense my need for a little "me" time, so he kindly suggested I call a friend and go out for a bit.  I did just that (and made a stop at the local chocolate shop!) so by the night's end I did feel a bit more refreshed.

I know I've said it before, but creating this blog project has made me realize how many days I struggle.  Acknowledging this is important for growth.  I am starting to feel like this saying is relevant to my life right now:  "Insanity:  doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."  Yes, that is me!

Tomorrow is another day.  Hopefully the chocolate and time with a good friend will carry over until then.


No comments:

Post a Comment