Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day #76: Embracing the Uncertainty

I don't think it's any secret I've been struggling during this project.  I think it's good to work through the mess and address some of these struggles in order to (hopefully) come out changed for the better on the other side.  Being a mother is hard.  Each day brings a new challenge and admittedly I just don't always feel equipped to handle it.  I'm worn.  This season of life is hard: little sleep, ever-changing behaviors, and children trying to exert their independence.  There certainly is no one-size-fits-all answer to many of these challenges.  It's a learning experience and as with any new experience, it can leave one feeling a bit lost and deflated at times.

At this particular time in my life, I feel I am approaching a crossroad of some sort.  There a few different paths I could take, but I simply don't know which way to turn.  I feel a shift occurring in our family, but I don't know where we are heading.  When you are one who likes certainty, control, and a concrete plan, this can be a bit (okay, a lot) unnerving.  God has a plan for us, but in this moment we just don't know what that plan is.

I am doing my best to embrace this uncertainty; to relinquish control and trust when the time is right I will know which way to turn.  To believe the plan for our family will be revealed to us and we will embrace this plan.  To think that just ten years ago my biggest concern was what to wear or what establishment to visit on a particular night.  Oh how a decade can change you!

How do you handle the uncertainty?  Are you one to embrace it or push against it?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment