Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day #75: Summer Adventures

I didn't anticipate how exhausted I would be upon returning from our vacation!  After three days catching up around the house, I figured today would be a good day to go on a little adventure with the kiddos.  Everyone was getting restless, so we packed up and headed out to the Family Museum.  What a much-needed break from playing at home!

Typically I would have a rough plan for the summer, but at this time I do not.  A few days ago we created our summer bucket list, so it is time for me to pencil in these activities (and some of my own) into our calendar.  I fear if I don't do this, summer will have passed us by and too much of our time will have been spent at home while I try to keep up with the household duties.

We need to go out and have some fun!  I want to enjoy this special time with my kids and explore our area.  I think it is so fun for them to come up with ideas and love to see their excitement when one of their activities is on the agenda for the day.  I just pray my four darling children cooperate and don't put me over the edge in the process!  Going anywhere alone with all of them is always an adventure.  I am hoping another year of growth will make this summer a bit easier (this may be some serious wishful thinking!).

Does your family create a bucket list?  If not, you should give it a try.  It's a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment