Monday, June 9, 2014

Day #72: Beach Time Has Rubbed Off

(I took a little break from writing over vacation.  I wanted to keep up each day, but just didn't have the time.  I did keep a vacation journal and am so happy I did!  So many precious moments captured.)

Today is a bittersweet day.  We have made the journey to the beach and are now back home beginning to settle into our summer routine.  We had such a wonderful family vacation and made some wonderful memories.  It is a trip I will forever treasure.  I told my husband I felt like we'd taken a right of passage by trekking across half of the United States with our four kiddos in tow. It was not always pretty, but overall it was a great experience.

Things are a little hairy around here today:  people are tired after a long day on the road and late arrival home last night (especially Mommy!), we're completely out of routine, and of course, it seems every outside obligation I have has needed my attention today.  I would love nothing more to be back on that beach without a care in the world!

Instead of jumping all over every request, I am fitting people's requests and questions into my time.  I tend to feel like I always have to respond to everyone RIGHT NOW, but beach time may have rubbed off on me.  The reality is, I have four kiddos who need their Mommy, a house to manage, and some priorities of my own, so whatever request or question will have to wait until the time is right.  It is a refreshing change of pace and a reminder to not unnecessarily take on any additional responsibilities outside of the home!  Life is busy enough as it is!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment