Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day #70: Better Late than Never

We made it to the big day!  It's the last day of school and our departure day.  To say it will be busy is an understatement!  There is a lot of excitement in the house today and an emotional mommy to boot.  I cannot believe I am going to be a mom of a second grader!  That just seems crazy!  

While it was a busy day, I wanted to surprise my son at lunch with Happy Joe's pizza-his favorite! It was important to me to be able to spend a special moment or two with him on his last day.  We had a great lunch and his friends were a little jealous of his treat!

When it was all said and done, we pulled out onto the highway a few hours behind schedule, but instead of being completely annoyed, we took the attitude of, "Hey, I suppose this is part of the adventure!"  (Don't get me wrong, I was completely annoyed up until the point we actually hit the road, however, I turned it around!).  

So, off we go on our adventure!  We are EXCITED!


No comments:

Post a Comment