Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day #79: The Post-it

For years I have made lists.  I have notebooks of lists.  I love the satisfaction of crossing items off, but as time has gone on, it has become more difficult to complete my list each day.  More than likely it is because I have too many expectations and too little time.  At the end of the day instead of feeling satisfied with what I have accomplished, I am left feeling frustrated and disheartened by the amount of items not crossed off my list.  Time for a change!

My list has now been reduced to a Post-it.  A small, square little Post-it filled with no more than four tasks.  Some are quick, like "get the meat out for dinner!"  Some take more time, like "do the laundry."  I just have one simple rule:  my list may just fill the front of the Post-it and be written in my regular handwriting (no squeezing it in going on here!).

It may sound silly, but I feel so liberated thanks to the Post-it list.  Few tasks are manageable and if they don't all get crossed off, it's much less frustrating to see one thing staring you in the face instead of three, five, or ten.  Toss out those notebooks gals and grab something small.  You'll be glad you did!





No comments:

Post a Comment