Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day #87: Let Go of the Guilt

My goal for this journey is to live more intentionally.  I want to look within and find areas in which I struggle and succeed and work to make improvements.  I hope to realize my life's purpose right now, in this season, and work to fulfill it.  I want to become a better wife, mother, and friend and take the time to really connect with the important people in my life.  I want to simplify our life, serve when and where I can, and stay focused on what is truly important:  my family.  My hope is to create a calmer, kinder, more Christ-centered home.  It's a big undertaking!

I love to read books and blogs pertaining to this goal.  I have come across some wonderful stories and ideas and truly appreciate the journeys these mothers are on.  They are great for inspiration, but at times have left me with feelings of guilt and underachievement.  Today I had a bit of my own revelation while I was with my kids out on an adventure to the Family Museum and I'd like to share it with you.

While it is important for us to be present in our kids' lives and not spend each day too distracted to notice the little things, it is okay to not spend every minute completely tuned in.  I stay home with my kids.  It is a demanding, round-the-clock "job."  I cannot feel guilty for taking snippets of time for myself throughout the day.  It is perfectly acceptable.  It is necessary.  It is healthy.  I will set the parameters and they make look different from yours.  That's okay.  As long as I can go to bed at night feeling like I've done my best to balance my time each day, then I will consider it a success.

Go ahead, give yourself permission to let go of the guilt and live a life that works for you and your family.  It is freeing!




No comments:

Post a Comment