Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day #80: Nothing Will Change Until I Do

Recently I read an article about the mood of the house being set by the mother.  I was a little concerned about this statement if it is indeed true.  Are my kids and husband short with each other and crabby because I am?  Am I really responsible for not only caring for the family but setting the tone as well?  It seems a bit overwhelming and I feel under some serious pressure!

If this is indeed the case, then my effort to create a calm, faith-centered environment in our home ultimately does start with me.  Nothing will change until I do.  Hmm, nothing will change until I do.  That's a pretty powerful statement and one I plan to pray about and ponder over.  If this is the case, my goal of slowing down and living simply has even more importance.  My focus needs to be on bettering myself, ensuring I am well-rested, and in a good place physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  Wow.

Nothing will change until I do.  I accept that challenge!









    

No comments:

Post a Comment