Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day #85: The Meltdown

My husband is away for business for a few days this week, which always puts a little extra stress into my life.  My husband is a good dad and we all miss him when he's gone.  I am fortunate his mom is staying with us while he's gone, but we still have our moments of struggle.  Our routine is thrown off a bit and we typically notice his absence the most at bedtime.  Tonight was no exception.

My younger son was so tired today.  A busy weekend and late nights made for one tired three-year-old on this fine Monday.  We made it all day...until dinner.  The hysterical giggles, bathroom language, and just plain obnoxious behavior couldn't be squelched, so after one final warning to settle down was ignored, I took a deep breath and prepared for what I knew would come.  One epic meltdown.

After the screaming subsided and the crying began, he was finally able to put his thoughts into words:  "I don't like rocking!  I don't like laying down!  I don't like the lights off!  I don't like these pajamas!  I don't like you!  I don't like ANYTHING!"

I couldn't help it.  I burst out laughing.  Ultimately he did too and when it was all said and done, he went to bed relatively peacefully...but not before trying to barter one more time for his Grammie.  Sorry sweet son.  Moms don't subject Grammies to massive meltdowns.

Until tomorrow my sweet children.




No comments:

Post a Comment