Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day #43: Girls' Night Out is Good for the Soul

For the past few months, some of my neighborhood gal pals and I have been discussing a great book about motherhood, Desperate:  Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson.  I have been enjoying our nights out every other Wednesday.  I feel like each time we meet we're up later and later.  These nights are so good for the soul.

Friendships with other women are so very important, but an area of my life I have struggled with for as long as I can remember.  Don't get me wrong.  I have some wonderful and loyal friends who have been in my life for years and I love them dearly.  On the flip side, I've had many friendships dissolve and been thoroughly confused by their demise.  These experiences have led me to be very cautious when it comes to friendships.  I don't tend to go "all in" for a long time.    

It's been nearly two years since we moved to our new home in a new state and I finally feel like I have found a group of gals who I can trust and they also happen to be in the same season of life.  It's so refreshing to be able to speak truthfully and be authentic.  The added bonus?  They all live within a couple of minutes of my house.  Opportunities to meet at the park, go for a walk, or have an impromptu gathering are priceless.  Mothers are meant to be part of a supportive community and I am so grateful for this group of gals!  


  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment