Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day #53: Sometimes You Have to Speak Up

I truly enjoy writing.  It gives me a way to process my thoughts and express myself, which when surrounded by four adorable little children all day is a welcome relief!  Lately I have been struggling with the food my daughter has been eating at preschool.  It seems like all of the snacks she eats are just sugary junk food.  Fun?  Yes!  Any nutritional value at all?  No.  When your children are affected by sugar and food dye like mine are, this really is a problem.

I took the time to write in my other blog about this topic.  I truly feel we are truly forgetting how important it is for our children to be exposed to healthy food choices.  Our country is disease-ridden and overweight and children are no exception.  We need to step up to the plate and do something about this sad epidemic.  What we put in our grocery carts and bring into our home IS important.

You can read my thoughts on this here:

http://www.livinglifeonthelane.blogspot.com/2014/05/a-challenge-to-change.html

No comments:

Post a Comment