Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day #48: Today I Was a "Yes" Mom

Overall, today was a good day!  Ah, such a relief to write that.  Was it perfect?  No, it never will be, but at the end of the day I feel pretty good about it and am not filled with regret.  This morning I set out to be a "yes" mom. My youngest son has been begging to paint on our new "weasel" and today I finally agreed.  He had a blast and loved showing off his painting.  Once he was done creating his masterpiece he grabbed the shaving cream off the shelf and asked to do that next.  "Yes" came out of my mouth without a second thought and oh how much fun he had.

Why do I not say yes to these activities more often?  The mess?  The time?  Who knows, but I'm going to be agreeing to messy projects more often.  My kids love art and we need to cultivate their creativity, both in play and in the arts.  I WILL do my best to be a "yes" mom.  Don't get me wrong, there will be times when no will be the answer, but I am going to do my best to not let that "no" slip out before I've really considered their request.  Are you a "yes" mom?


No comments:

Post a Comment