Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day #64: Rest

Today I went to the doctor.  I usually try to push through when I don't feel the best, but this time I figured I better head in.  After a quick visit and receiving the diagnosis I had expected, I was told to get some rest.  Followed up with a stern look from the doctor and an "I mean it.  Tell your spouse you need rest."

Resting is not something that comes easy when you have four young children.  There are no sick days, because regardless of how you're feeling there are people counting on you to tend to their needs.  I almost laughed out loud when I was asked if I had a sitter I could call so I could rest. The answer was no, but even if I did, my kids would still find their mama.

I figure someday I'll have the opportunity to rest again.  Until then, I'll just keep forging ahead and count my five minute catnap as rest.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment