Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day #23: Finding Joy in the Mundane

Today I am intentionally focusing on finding joy in the mundane activities.  You know, the tasks that seem to constantly play on repeat:  scrubbing the bathrooms, giving baths, changing diapers, preparing meals, laundry, picking up the house, packing a lunch, vacuuming, shopping for groceries.  You get the picture, right?  While all of these activities may seem boring, I've come to realize how valuable they truly are.  Most are thankless jobs we do without thought, but have you ever thought of it in this way:  We are serving our families every day by partaking in these activities.  We are showing love, kindness, and fulfilling our purpose as mothers.  We are setting examples and hopefully establishing good habits with our kids.  It IS important!

So, today while I was scrubbing the toilets and bathrooms I thought to myself, "This is how I show love."  What an odd what to show it, but oh how true!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment