Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day #15: Progress

Dare I say I'm seeing some positive results?  This morning I woke feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.  We made it through our usual busy morning routine with minimal problems and I even sat down to do a puzzle with my little guy when my mind was trying to convince me otherwise.  I pushed away those nagging, "This will make you late!" thoughts and happily pieced together the puzzle with him.  Were we a few minutes late getting out of the door?  Yes!  Was it worth it?  Definitely.

It's those moments that I often miss because I am too concerned about my to-do list, being late, or distracted.  There are even times I say no because I just don't want to sit down and do it.  Does that make me an awful mother?  No.  It does, however, make me want to be more of a "yes" mom than a "no" mom.  I think those one-on-one moments mean more to my sweet little kiddos than I realize.  I don't want them to look back on their childhood and think, "Geez, my mom never sat down and did that with me.  She was always too busy."

Great lesson today.  I love this project and hope you're finding some value in yours as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment