Monday, March 31, 2014

Days #11-13: Priorities

Wow, this weekend was busy!  Staying unplugged wasn't too difficult, as I didn't have a lot of down time.  I had the opportunity to spend some much-needed time alone shopping and now feel like I'm a little more prepared for the warmer weather we hope is coming soon.  I tell ya, some new shoes and capri pants have made me much happier about the arrival of spring!

This week I am working very hard to sit down, both alone and with my husband, to really concentrate on priorities.  What is presently important in our lives and what activities or goals are taking up time and energy that we simply don't have right now?  It was so wonderful to sit down in peace and quiet last night to discuss some general short-term and long-term goals.

After reading Notes from a Blue Bike, I have really begun to understand that living intentionally takes planning.  We need to consider what is important, eliminate the activities that are taking up our valuable time, and ensure what we really value is present in our daily lives.  The book discussed six areas of which I found I could also relate to and would really like to thoughtfully consider:  food, education, work, travel, entertainment, and money.

This week I plan to devote my time to creating goals, develop a family purpose statement, and devise a plan.  I intend to spend some time each day on these specific areas and have some good discussions with my husband and kids as well.  I'm looking forward to this challenge!




    

No comments:

Post a Comment