Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day #6: Separation of Life Stresses and the Children

I find it difficult to keep calm and parent in a positive way when I feel stress.  To say that life's stresses are high right now would be a tremendous understatement.  We are facing some difficult decisions and working through the process is creating a high state of stress and anxiety.  I am doing my best to remember that, in the end, all will be well, but it's hard to always stay positive in the moment.  I am doing my best to pray instead of worry and put it in His hands.

The challenge in the upcoming weeks is to separate life's stresses from my everyday life with the children.  When patience has worn thin and anxiety is high, it is so hard to control your emotions and reactions, especially when the kids are fighting, not listening, or simply being kids.  I am doing my best to remind myself to stay calm; they have nothing to do with the stress and anxiety I am feeling and (hopefully) soon our life will become less stressful.

In an attempt to create a calming environment and to remind myself to have faith during the obstacles life throws at us, I've been listening to K-Love.  I have had friends tell me how it has changed their lives and I, too, have felt more hopeful and encouraged since turning it on.  For the past several weeks we have been listening at home and in the car and I often find myself singing songs in my head when it's not even on.  I am so thankful for my friends for this suggestion!



  


1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I'm so happy for you about "finding" KLOVE. It's life changing!!

    ReplyDelete