Friday, March 28, 2014

Day #10: Listening

Okay, so I admit, I have not been perfect with my "unplugging" plan, but I have greatly reduced the time I've been sifting through my Facebook feed and turned to reading during those times where I feel like I just need to do something!  Quieting the noise is hard to do and I certainly don't expect to be able to accomplish it overnight.

Reading is probably my favorite hobby.  I used to only read fiction books, but have since switched to reading non-fiction 90% of the time.  I have a stack of books on my nightstand that I cannot wait to dive into.  I thought I'd switch my focus from time-sucking web surfing to reading....something useful, uplifting, encouraging.  I chose Notes From a Blue Bike:  The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World by Tsh Oxenreider.  Couldn't be more perfect for the journey that I'm on!  I love it.  I have nearly completed it and love so many of the principles she writes about.  Makes me want to pursue some of the convictions that I hold dear to my heart and run with them like it's nobody's business.

Sometimes it is hard to comprehend how little time we truly have here on Earth.  Some days seem to drag on forever, but in the blink of an eye another year has passed.  I don't want to look back and wish I had gone after what was truly in my heart for fear of the unknown or what others would think.  What truly matters are the six people I am blessed to have in my family.  I often think of what our story will be:  our life experiences, the lessons we teach our children, and the legacy that we will leave behind.  This is something to truly pray about and trust what we are hearing.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment