Monday, March 24, 2014

Day #5: Personal Struggles

Today has not been the best day of the journey thus far.  I have been struggling with feelings of anxiety and for some reason I have found myself comparing aspects of my life to others, which is something I generally don't do.  I did my best to stop these thoughts and instead focus on the positives in our life, but it was a struggle most of the day.  I suppose we all hit bumps in the road and today was just that; a bump.

I believe this has more to do with my own personal insecurities and doubts than anything else.  Addressing some of my personal issues that have festered over the years is definitely an important part of this journey.  I do my best not to dwell on the past, but there are times where I feel like I'm in high school and college all over again trying to find the place where I "fit in" and feel accepted by those around me for who I am and not for who I think they want me to be.

Ultimately, my goal is to wake each day thankful for what I have, stand up for what I believe in, and be a model for my children:  to lead by example.  I suppose what others think should be the least of my concerns if I'm doing my best to live a life of service, following God's word as best I can, and caring for those I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment