Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 3: Muffins with Mom

Today was intended to be a day where I took a little time for, "me," (I know, gasp), but it just didn't work out.  I had hoped to sneak off and get a pedicure, but it will have to wait for another day.  Instead, I took advantage of my husband's day off and made muffins with my middle kiddos.
This time I tried a new approach.  Since I planned to make multiple batches of muffins, I opted for a little one-on-one cooking lesson.  They each got to complete the whole process, from mixing it together to lining the pans with the papers, and were so excited when "their" batch of muffins was done.  We were not rushed (so, no "hurry ups" from my mouth!) and had time to talk about the measurements and ingredients.  It was a lot of fun!

All-in-all we made 6 dozen muffins.  It was a wonderful morning spent bonding over food and I think we ate our weight in muffins!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment